The time between Christmas and New Year is a weird time. Ordinary meal times go out of the window and it becomes acceptable to eat nothing but chocolate for dinner.
For New Year’s Eve we had my dad round for tapas and we gorged our way through paella, albondigas, patatas bravas and chorizo in cider. It was great, but there was no room left for the dessert I prepared. So we decided to have it for breakfast!
The dessert was a creation I came up with a few years ago. I like to call it “Bananachiladas.” It’s quick, easy, dairy, egg and nut free and extremely tasty!
1 banana per person
1 flour tortilla per person
Runny honey/agave syrup
Light brown sugar
1. Mix cinnamon in with the sugar and sprinkle over each tortilla
2. Add a banana to each tortilla
3. Sprinkle more sugar and cinnamon mix over the banana and add a drizzle of honey or agave
4. Roll up the tortilla and place in an ovenproof dish with the seam side down
5. Mix the remaining cinnamon sugar mix with a little boiling water and drizzle over the tortillas
6. Cover dish with tin foil and bake on approx 180 C (fan) for 20 mins or until the bananas are soft and squidgy
7. For crispy tortillas uncover for the last couple of minutes
8. Serve with ice cream and chocolate sauce.
I used a scoop of vanilla and a scoop of chocolate Swedish Glace dairy free ice cream and Askey’s Chocolate Chunk Crackin Sauce